Being successful in MLM is challenging, but the great thing about it is that it doesn’t take any special talent. It does take some hard work and an intelligent approach to growing your business. Once you have those in place, you can look forward to an exciting experience!
Follow these steps to get off to a fast start:
1. Make a decision. Nothing significant can happen until you make the decision to do something. Making a decision means that you cut yourself off from all other possibilities. So decide that you’re going to be successful and that no challenge can stop you from moving forward in your business.
2. Schedule your time. Most folks decide to fit their MLM activities around everything else. That is, they do it whenever they have time. This is the wrong approach. You should schedule this work just like you would anything else that’s important to you. Make a schedule and stick to it.
* Consider spending about 80% of your time growing your business and 20% learning more. Most people tend to do it just the opposite and are never successful because of it. Track how much time you’re actually spending on activities that can make you money.
3. Get a success team. Surround yourself with like-minded people that are successful at what you’re trying to do. Find some people locally if you can; use an online community if you must. It keeps the motivation high, and you have a source to turn to for answers. Remember that this is part of the 20% and not the 80%.
4. Limit your prospecting. After you tell your friends, family, and neighbors what you’re up to, give most of the prospecting a rest. There are better ways to spend your time.
5. Market. One of the M’s in MLM is for marketing. This is where you should spend a lot of your 80%. Marketing is the ultimate source of your success. Whether you’re looking for downline members or customers, it’s a lot easier to convert leads to dollars when the leads are contacting you. Trying to turn a cold call / cold approach into a payday is tough!
* Utilize technology. The great thing about the Internet, Twitter, Facebook, and other technology is the tremendous leverage. They’re essentially free and allow you to reach a large number of people.
6. Find a successful mentor. A successful mentor is someone that started where you are and has reached where you want to be. Don’t get a mentor that makes $1,000 a month if you want to make $10,000 a month. Spend some time and find the right person.
* Keep in mind that the most successful MLM-ers don’t waste a lot of time. You might want to offer them something besides the benefit of a warm fuzzy feeling. Maybe you could do some work for them. Maybe you can give them a percentage. Be prepared to reciprocate your time.
MLM is a great business for those that are determined and take intelligent action. While there are no shortcuts, there are plenty of less than direct routes to get to where you want to go. Follow these tips and you can get off to a fast start. That first check is closer than you think.