If you suffer from anxiety or panic attacks, there are ways you can transform that anxiety into opportunity. These strategies are rather like turning lemons into lemonade. What you start out with is sour, but what you end up with is sweet!
These tips can help you deal with your anxiety in positive ways. Plus, they can even help reduce it by providing you new outlets for your nervous energy.
Here are some techniques to help you transform your anxiety into opportunity:
1. Re-focus your excess energy. If you have the excessive energy that comes with anxiety and its moods, focus this energy toward doing something productive.
* For example, you may have been putting off doing some household tasks, such as cleaning out those closets. Putting your energy into one of these projects will enable you to get it done in record time!â€¨
* While you might have to concentrate harder to re-focus, you’re actually lowering the anxiety level in your body.
2. Write about your anxiety. Write down everything you’re feeling. Many times you’ll be surprised at what you’ve written and find you can share it with others or use it to help you in the future when you’re overly anxious.
3. Exercise. We all have said month after month that we’re going to start a new exercise regimen, but have we? Probably not, but you can use your anxious energy as the force that propels you to start your new exercise routine.
* Have an exercise routine already planned so you have it ready to begin the moment you need it.â€¨
* The endorphins your body releases during exercise can actually stop an anxiety attack.
4. Try painting. Although painting a picture of pretty trees may help you, this particular technique refers to room painting! Painting has long been known to relax people.
* If you have a room that could use a new look, get out the paint and start painting.â€¨
* Any big home improvement project can get you involved, diminish your panic feelings, and give you a sense of accomplishment when you’re done.
5. Sing. Even if you don’t possess the voice of a musical superstar, the way your body reacts when you sing, the force of breathing in and out, is a natural way to heal panic attacks.
* Focusing your excess energy on playing a musical instrument, or learning how to play one, can also help your anxiety. Turn your anxious time into a musical time.
6. Help others. Volunteer at a family shelter or senior center. Focusing on helping others can use some of that excess energy, take your mind off your worries, give you a different perspective on life, and bring you satisfaction.
7. Do something about it. Find ways you can help solve particular problems you worry about. Any worrisome issues you have can be handled this way.
* For example, if you worry about the environment, you can start a recycling center or hold green meetings in your home to discuss ways you can reduce your personal carbon footprint.
These are just a few of the ways you can transform your anxiety into opportunity. Try some of these strategies today to help you use that excess energy in a positive way and reduce your anxiety at the same time.